October 8, 2017
Hello risk manager, Welcome to our 2016 first issue the IRM Journal. Whether you are a bishop, teacher, policeman, doctor, engineer, accountant, lawyer, politician, businessman…, all professions and vocations included; Everyone is a risk manager. So, everyone must understand the risks inherent in what they are doing and manage them. Otherwise it is not aFebruary 10, 2016
Many businesses, large and small, have a huge source of great ideas that can help them improve, innovate, and grow, and yet so many of these companies never think of using this amazing corporate asset. What is this highly valuable asset? Its own people.January 22, 2016
Practical Training for the real industry
The Institute offers both in-house and public participating events on a variety of enterprise risk management related themes. We support and develop structured, specialized training programmes specific to individual and Enterprise Risk Management. The training programmes targets knowledge and career support needs of members and risk management practitioners.
Knowledge – we aim to promote technical and ethical excellence in risk management not only through our professional qualifications and membership but also through other activities including short training courses, knowledge sharing activities, Institute events and publications
Career Support – we aim to support individuals through every stage of their risk management careers by providing opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills and develop a professional profile and network.
Our educational programmes use capacity development methodology and start with the creation of awareness nationally on enterprise risk management, knowledge about sector threats, potential dangers and their mitigation, and appropriate expertise of key persons needed in organizations to respond to and deal with enterprise risk.
Compliance and Legal
Short CPD modules on risk
and Compliance (GRC)
Finance and Procurement
Developing and implementing
risk management framework
Annual Risk Conference
The main focus of our education programmes aims at:
- Building awareness among all types and levels of stakeholders on risk identification and response measures,
- Strengthening networking, cooperation and communication among sectors/organizations from the National, to County, district and community levels,
- Strengthening organizational mechanisms, capacities and skills to facilitate the adoption and mainstreaming of an interdisciplinary approach to organizational planning and incorporating risk management into operational planning,
- Identification of appropriate solutions to given sectoral risk management challenges, using past initiatives, internationally recognised best practices/ technologies/ techniques,
- Strengthening state of the art technical knowledge and skills of professionals dealing with enterprise risk management,
- Strengthening administrative capabilities in coordination, mediation and facilitation by training in enforcing the institutional techno-legal framework in order to create and preserve the integrity of an enabling regulatory environment and compliance regime,
- Strengthening the risk management regulatory framework especially for enforcement,
- Supporting information flows and knowledge management, linking various risk management databases and information resources at national and international levels,
- Supporting the formulation of risk management policies and stimulating the development of visions and corporate identities for the network of sector institutions on enterprise risk management.