The Institute of Risk Management Kenya
The Institute of Risk Management Kenya (IRM-K) is a non – profit professional, education and research Institution established and registered in Kenya to answer the growing need for risk management education in Kenya and wider Sub-Saharan (SSE) region.
Founded in 2011, The Institute of Risk Management (Kenya) has become a leading reference in the field of enterprise risk management in Kenya and around Sub-Saharan Africa. The Institute has educated risk professionals and leaders and generated through research, ideas and risk management tools linked to business community and wider public organizations, that continue to shape the practice of enterprise risk management in the region.
We achieve our vision by promoting organizational effectiveness, professional growth, and economic development through integrated enterprise risk management.
- We passionately believe in the importance and relevance of risk management
- Advocate for enterprise wide risk approach
- Understands that risk management is as much about the people as it is about processes
- Risk Management efforts must be linked to the needs of the business communities.
Our Core Values
IRM-K Is Your Partner & Leader Of All Times In Delivery Of Enterprise Risk Management Education And Lifelong Learning
Our Core Areas Of Activities
The Institute of Risk Management – IRM (K) aims for the sustained regional development of Enterprise Risk Management Systems. This needs innovative partnerships between organizations.
The Institute of Risk Management continues to seek for close collaboration with key stakeholders by sharing relevant information and resources in an accountable process that assures that the whole of our collaborative efforts is greater than the sum of the parts.
We support and develop structured, specialized education programs specific to individual and organization needs in enterprise risk management and will target knowledge and career support needs of members and risk management practitioners.
We aim at ensuring that our membership provides professional recognition worldwide and support for risk champions at every stage of their career through the provision of relevant, challenging and globally competitive professional qualifications.
The advocacy campaigns focuses the entire public and private sector attention on the challenges of not effectively managing enterprise risk and to raise resources to sponsor sustainable development of integrated sector based risk management programs and tools.
The Institute conduct research on potential of risk management as a critical business driver and ingredient of sustainable growth and long-term competitive advantage regionally.
Industry Risk Management Survey
The Institute of Risk Management (K) is in the process of developing a comprehensive profile of sectoral risk management status in Kenya and regionally to guide our advocacy programs. Your input through the following survey is critical in helping us profile sectoral risk management status. Kindly participate in the survey by clicking the link below.
IRM (Kenya) is a company limited by guarantee, i.e. a ‘not-for-profit’ organization and is governed by a Board of Directors elected by members of the General Assembly of the Institute. Any surplus generated by the IRM’s activities is ploughed back into the development of risk management education.
Why We Are Unique
- We research to provide risk management solutions and design risk management programs that are linked to the needs of business communities thereby enhancing competitiveness and achievement of set objectives.
- We engage (both as core and associate partners) highly academically and experientially qualified and capable teams of researchers, educators, trainers, consultants as well as industry experts.
- We seek to understand and improve your ethos, values and practices in our business relationship.
- We ensure that our services create a long-lasting impact on our client’s businesses.
- Provide pre- and post-training and consultancy assessments feedback.
- We build enduring and mutually beneficial relationships based on honesty, mutual respect and trust while engaging in ethical and fair approaches to all negotiations and partnership.
- We have a passion for learning and capacity development, real time results and service excellence