Individual and corporate membership will assist the members stay connected and boost their knowledge.
We aim at ensuring that our membership provides professional recognition worldwide and support for risk champions at every stage of their career through provision of relevant, challenging and globally competitive professional qualifications.
IRM membership provides support for organisation risk management teams. It raises the level of professionalism within a team and provides them access to engagement activities, skills and knowledge from which they can learn. It also gives them a sense of being valued, increasing their personal commitment to their employer.
IRM is committed to making risk management value adding to organisations by giving risk management professionals a voice on the important issues and empowering them to drive a positive change in industry.
With IRM(K), Members will stay abreast of latest trends and developments in:
Strategic risk management Financial risk management
Leadership risk management Compliance risk management
Hazard risk management Reputation risk management
Operational risk management External risk management
The three core pillars of our drive to making risk management value adding to organisations are
We equip risk management practitioners for success through qualifications, certifications, and CPD tools to drive excellence in the risk management function.
We debate risk management and the impact it has on organisations – tackling difficult issues, giving informed points of view, and being a truly independent voice in the field of risk management.
We galvanize our organisations to create a positive impact in risk management and the wider world
Joining IRM (K) Membership is an investment in your career and the profession!
Membership of The Institute of Risk Management – IRM(K), gives you a risk management profession’s voice, globally recognized authority, acknowledged leader, principle advocate, and leading educator.
IRM is the only risk management membership institute regionally, committed to empowering risk management professionals. We give you a platform to raise important risk management issues and empower you to drive a positive change in industry risk culture.
IRM is affiliated to International Risk Management Organisations and uses International Risk Management Standards and Frameworks in all our professional undertakings.
We have partnered with all the major regional professional bodies and institutions.
We are raising the profile and increasing demand risk management professionals among key stakeholders, Nationally and Regionally by:
- Promoting the value of risk management to key stakeholders
- Connecting members across the world to share best practices and real world risk management solutions
- Assisting members in their professional development with essential training and certification
- Helping you earn credibility and respect in the field of risk management
- Improving your risk management skills and knowledge
- Ensuring you remain informed of the latest professional news, trends, and issues that will impact on your risk management work
- Advocating for the risk management profession
Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are VERY RIGHT
Benefits of being an IRM member
IRM membership will allow you and your organisation to be part of the risk management revolution by delivering benefits to your organisation to ensure you are building best practice and driving positive impact. A partnership with us will also support your organisation and all risk management staff by:
Raising professional risk management standards
Raising professional risk management standards through the IRM Code of Conduct, and Continuous Training
Connect with each other through networking
Allow organisations and employees to connect with each other through networking events and specialist groups
Access over 250 eBooks
Access over 250 eBooks, industry reports, blogs, podcasts and video information
Access to CPD tools and resources
Access to CPD tools and resources to grow and develop employees
Risk Management mentoring
Risk Management mentoring scheme to support career development
Earn credibility and respect
Helping you earn credibility and respect in the field of risk management
The Institute of Risk Management (K) Memorandum and Articles of Association provides for four categories of membership namely, Corporate, Fellow (FIRM), Professional Member (ERM) and Associate Member (AIRM).
- Registration into these categories of membership, whose criteria is shown below, is carried out inpursuance of article 4 of the Articles of Association.
- IRM membership allows you and your organisation to be part of the risk management revolution by delivering benefits to your organisation to ensure you are building best practice and driving positive risk management impact.
- Membership is currently categorized into two corporate membership classes and three individual membership classes.
Individual members can register as:
- Associate members
- Professional members
- Fellowship members
- The Institute of Risk Management registers corporate members from Public and Private Organizations, Civic groups, Not for Profit Organizations, Societies and Local Community groups through an established membership approval process.
- Corporate Membership allows an organisation to gain exposure to industry leaders, access to standards and technological resources, while also providing savings on IRM’s well-known and respected educational workshops, certification programs and any professional risk management work provided by the institute to the corporate member.
- One of the most valuable benefits of Corporate Membership is that ALL employees are be entitled to discounts on our products and services, such as conferences, seminars, workshops and endorsed events from other providers. Corporate Membership also entitles any employee to join IRM as an Individual Member at a discounted subscription.
- Corporate Members are required to appoint up to five designees as the individuals attending Institute meetings, available to serve on Institute risk management projects, committees, and so on.